Scaling up existing Salesforce implementation
Automic is an international software product company focused on enterprise job scheduling and workload automation. They automate complex business processes, applications, and infrastructure and specialize in Financial Automation and DevOps. Their vision was to automate billions of tasks across millions of apps and servers to ease work processes.
ServiceNow was being used to manage service requests before the client acquired another company that was using Salesforce. The existing Salesforce implementation was not fulﬁlling the client’s business objectives as the current architecture and design was not scalable and ﬂexible enough to adapt to the evolving market needs.
The key challenge was to merge the customer service processes of both organizations and build a uniﬁed, global system. Other requirements included upgrading the customer portal and organizing customer tickets which were unstructured at that time.
Redesigning customer service for global support teams
Nagarro's CRM team analyzed the existing legacy systems of both organizations and gave Automic a detailed roadmap for each business process. They proposed a step-by-step approach for end-to-end implementation, integration, and phased data migration of the legacy application to the new Salesforce Service Cloud. The proposal also included implementation of the customer portal on the Salesforce customer community.
Out-of-the-box features of Salesforce were used extensively, with minimum customizations. Some other important aspects of the strategy included:
- Redeﬁning business requirements through use cases that formed the base of end-to-end implementation.
- Redesigning and implementing a new, uniﬁed business process for both organizations to ensure management of incidents, problems, and relationship cases.
- Designing and developing a user-friendly customer portal with the help of Salesforce communities for enhanced user experience.
- Designing a structured knowledge base for support agents and customers.
- Creating a service console view for support agents to get a 360-degree view of customer support tickets on a single screen.
- Integrating legacy systems to help users check information on a single system without switching applications.
Reducing ticket resolution time and increasing customer engagement
The service console view for support agents reduced the turnaround time for ticket resolution by 30%. Additionally, the new solution was preferred for the following reasons:
- Enabled seamless migration to a new, unified system without impacting business.
- Tested 70% of business functionalities in less than 10 minutes through automation testing.
- Reduced resolution time through a well-categorized knowledge management system.
- Provided access to knowledge base articles (for self-service), news and alerts, and other applications on the customer portal.
- Increased customer engagement with an 'idea board' where customers could post their ideas for product improvement.