The World Quality Report 2014 calls digital transformation a top priority for companies. Increased investments in IT and test budgets are associated with this: respondents to CIOs see a 29% increase in the proportion of testing across the IT budget in 2017. The report also notes an increasing trend towards centralization, from 8% in 2012 to a remarkable 26% in 2013. By centralizing existing test competencies are bundled and provided as a high-quality service company-wide.
As testing budgets grow, so does the need to prove the test value. Efficient test organization has a higher degree of maturity. This is achieved by standardizing test processes and using suitable professional test tools. Improved organization of their test or integration of outsourced test services gives companies higher quality and, above all, more transparency.
We support companies in the strategic optimization of their test organization and in the development of their own structures. The challenge here is to build new or transform existing infrastructure into an established test operation, which successfully offers 'test-as-a-service' in the company.
We raise efficiency potential in the company through:
- Improvements in planning
- Acceleration of standard processes
- Increased test process maturity
- Training of employees in the software test
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness using sustainable test automation and adapted, professional testing methods (value-driven, risk-based)
- Improved utilization of the test team and the test equipment
- Communication within software development projects as well as with stakeholders
Reliable statements on software quality and residual risks are thus possible, which increases the trust of the departments and supports the time-to-market approach accordingly.