The phases of a software test project can be compared with those of a software development project. The test management as an iterative process accompanies the entire software development process from the beginning and must be embedded in the respective software development model. The more extensive the IT systems becomes, the more important the need for testing. The interaction between developers, testers, and users as well as the assessment of the effort and the organization of the test process are important success factors.
Our independent and experienced test teams will get all you need for your project including:
- Development of a test concept including the test strategy adapted to your project
- Management and control of your test project
- Establishment and control of test teams as well as the test processes
- Implementation and control of error and change management
- Control and reports of processes and test progress based on standardized metrics
A forecasting tool for an informed statement about the project end date
Our unique end-of-testing forecasting approach allows guesswork to make fact-based predictions. In addition to the standard metrics, we can help determine team performance. As a result, a realistic deployment time can be predicted. Considering further metrics, this results in an overall picture which shows possible grounds of action.
System integration testing
The IT market integrates software products with desired functionalities to meet specific needs. Today's software development is changing more and more in the direction of integrating different, partly already pre-fabricated software components and systems.
To maintain a quality system of systems, one must continually evolve the systems. They must repeatedly be tested as a unit with integration testing. Especially the initial implementation of a combination of several software systems is accompanied by a huge risk. The system network is just as stable as its most unstable single system and its common interfaces. A professional system integration test ensures that all significant interactions between the systems are tested and confirmed. This ensures the suitability of the software and hardware as well as functioning interfaces in the system network.
A key success factor for any software project is the acceptance of a product by the department. This is underestimated in many projects and therefore leads to massive problems or delays. Acceptance testing is an end-user validation to ensure that the essential requirements-functional and non-functional- re met, and that the IT system is operational in day-to-day operations. The main goals include:
- End user acceptance of the new application and support for work processes as usual
- Necessary maturity for the operation is proven
- Acceptance recommendation for productive use
We start by developing the acceptance criteria at a very early stage. Requirement documents and specifications are checked for unambiguity and incompleteness and therefore are subject to an initial quality assurance. Since work processes are usually handled by several systems, the consideration of the entire system map is crucial here. Our recommendation the following procedure:
- Workshops to jointly identify the relevant test scenarios
- Methodological support in the development of the acceptance criteria
- Coordination of testing activities
- Setting up key figures for measurable evaluation of the test results
- Setting up deviation management and communication in the direction of manufacturer/supplier